The theme for Creative Bead Chat this year is
We each have a story about our journey as artists and designers. Our artisan components and art jewelry designs have stories of their own. Where did they begin? How did they get from an idea to a finished piece? What made us choose a particular component? Why did we use it in a design the way we did? Do you have a favorite artisan component designer? Show us something you’ve made with their components and tell us what inspired you and your final design.
This challenge is simple.
Submit a digital image of a finished jewelry design you made using artisan components. Your entries & website links will be included in a special “Creative Journey” gallery that will also feature your chosen Component Designer. The top 3 “most chosen” component designers used in this challenge will receive a free “Directory Page” here on the website as well as a featured “Meet the Maker” interview!
This is great visibility for you both and will be seen by thousands!
Vote To Win!
Creative Journey Component Challenge Gallery
**Vote for your favorite artisan designs in the Creative Journey Challenge and be entered to win a gift of artisan jewelry tools (a $50 value). To vote and enter, go to the Gallery of entries (you are here) and leave a comment on each post with your favorite designs. You may only comment once per post, but as many posts as you like (each comment will be an entry)
A winner will be chosen via Random.org from all comments submitted by Monday, August 24th. (7AM EST)
NOTE: Those of you with designs in the gallery have an extra chance to win a tool gift set as well. The design with the most comments (one per commenter) by 7am -Monday, August 24th (EST) will win a gift pack of jewelry making tools.
So, be sure to share the link to your entry(s) on your social media and encourage your friends to comment.**
Dates & Deadlines:
Submissions are due by : Friday, AUGUST 14th, 2015 12:00AM
Winners will be revealed: Monday, AUGUST 17th, 2015 AM
- Submissions are due by : Friday, AUGUST 14th, 2015 12:00AM
- Winners will be revealed: Monday, AUGUST 17th, 2015 AM
- Winners will be chosen on best design style using their artisan component.
- Winners: 3 chosen winners by the CBC Admin and 3 Random winners by Random.org in each category.
- Chosen WINNERS will receive a free CBC Directory Page, Meet the Maker Interview & Gift Pack of Artisan Components!
- Random WINNERS will receive a free CBC Directory Page
- Top 3 Component Designers (based on # of entries using them) will receive a free CBC Directory Page and Meet the Maker interview.
- SPONSOR Opportunity: If you are interested in donating 3 components, in exchange for post ads seen by 1000’s ..please email Melinda @ email@example.com Subject: Creative Journey Ad
- All medias welcome!
- Any Questions? Please scroll to the bottom and leave a message – we’ll get back to you!
You must use an Artisan Component as a focal
Use artisan Bead anywhere in your design – excludes focal and clasp.
Must use Artisan Clasp in your design
~Only finished jewelry designs handmade by you, may be entered. You may use any supply item & media style.
~Complete a separate form for each Category you want to enter.
~Must include an artisan component handmade by ANOTHER Artisan (not yourself). May use artisan-altered or upcycled items.
~You may submit ONCE in each category. Each entry must be a different design.
One photo per category. Photos on white or light backgrounds with minimal props are preferable. Be sure they are well-lit and in-focus, as well as large enough to show details, especially the artisan component. Good pictures will ensure your design gets the recognition it deserves!
Creative Journey Submission Form:
CLOSED for entries – Deadline was August 14th…Comment to win – go to the Creative Journey Gallery!
Here are more details just in case you have questions:
- How many designs can I enter? You can enter one design per category.
- Can I enter the same design in more than one category? Each entry must be a separate design. Your design may include multiple artisan components, by more than one artist. However, you should choose the featured component for your entry. You can describe the other components, and credit the artist(s), in your description.
- Why should I add my name to the descriptive title of my design? It will show up in the submission gallery in large font above your the photo of your design and help get you recognition. 🙂
- Can I add hyperlinks to my social media, the component artists, etc. in my design description? If you feel comfortable with the Text Editor – you can add hyperlinks in your description.
- What information should I include in the description of my design? Tell us about the featured artisan component and how it inspired the final design. You can also tell us about the other elements in your design, why you chose them to accent or complement the featured component, or anything else you want to share about your design process or inspiration.
- We would love for you to share our event! Please feel free to use any of the media on this page for your blog post, or use the Social icons on the left to share on your personal online social sites!
A big thank you to our Challenge Sponsors!
Each of our sponsors have graciously offered to donate prizes for our winners. Their donations are creating awesome prize packs for some lucky winners!